typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] San Francisco Bay Area people: Seeking Punk Radio DJ Co-host

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Erin Fleming <erinflemingburns AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] San Francisco Bay Area people: Seeking Punk Radio DJ Co-host
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 12:05:43 -0700

Hi all,

I currently host a weekly radio show in San Francisco playing female-fronted punk rock (and garage, DIY, no wave, etc).  As my current co-host is leaving, I'm looking for a new co-host to do the show with me.  This is unpaid, but loads of fun.  No prior experience necessary.  If you are interested, shoot me an email and I can have you on the show to see if it's a good fit for both of us. Or if you know someone else who might be interested, please pass this along to them and have them get in touch with me.  (Sorry for sending this out to so many people on the list who it might not be relevant to.)

See requirements below.

Thanks!
Erin

1.  Some genuine knowledge of and interest in punk music.  You don't need to be an expert, but you need to have an interest.  The show format is all female-fronted punk.  Not riot grrrl so much as obscure early acts.  Examples:  Sin 34, Vice Squad, The Bags, the Au Pairs, LiLiput, the Plasmatics, Lydia Lunch, etc.

2.  A commitment to coming to the show at least 3x a month.  The show is every Saturday night from 10-midnight in San Francisco's Mission district.  It is in a safe area of the Mission.

3.  A willingness to contribute to other tasks related to the show and the radio station as a whole.  We put on (fun!) events, podcast our shows, try to keep the joint clean, need to train newbies, etc.  We are a community, so it would be awesome if you were community-minded.

4.  A willingness and ability to pay $20 a month for station dues.  This is standard at non-commercial radio stations.

I originally was thinking I'd prefer another woman to do this show with me, but on second thought, I'm actually fully open to dudes too.  If you're into this, please email me with a short description of why you're interested and what you think you could contribute to the show.

--
Erin Fleming
Ribbon Around a Bomb

Blog ~ Radio

Pinterest: @lalengua
Twitter: @lalenguasf
Instagram: @la_lengua

  • [TypicalGirls] San Francisco Bay Area people: Seeking Punk Radio DJ Co-host, Erin Fleming, 04/10/2013