typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] 1. Raincoats show (J Neo Marvin)

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Shirley O'Loughlin <shirley.oloughlin AT virgin.net>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] 1. Raincoats show (J Neo Marvin)
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 20:34:06 +0100

Hi there - i really enjoyed your piece - VC already forwarded it to me - particularly love the descriptions/relations of Ana and Gina!

There is just one new song in the set 'Feminist Song' - which is a song Gina's been working on recently and she normally performs it solo
- but she was really keen to do it with the band for this tour. The only other song which may be unfamiliar is one Ana sings 'I keep walking'
which was  released on a single in 1996 with 'Don't be mean' and 'Vicious' in the UK on Rough Trade.

They are both so excited to playing in the US and just about to travel to Portland for the show tomorrow, then it's New York on the 16 October,
and Ana and Hawnay Troof will be doing a solo spots at the Starr Space in Brooklyn on Saturday 17 October.
Shirley

For your entertainment, here's something I wrote on Friday's Raincoats show in SF on our blog:

http://earcandleproductions.blogspot.com/2009/10/here-they-come-la-la-la-la-la-la.html

Question for Shirley:

They included a couple unfamiliar songs in their set, including a very pointed, amusing one from Gina with the chorus: "I'm a silly girl! I'm a warrior!" Is this a sign that they may be doing some recording soon?

-J Neo Marvin

http://www.live365.com/stations/jneomarvin

http://earcandleproductions.blogspot.com

  • [TypicalGirls] 1. Raincoats show (J Neo Marvin), Shirley O'Loughlin, 10/12/2009