typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Vivien Goldman on a Panel Saturday 2 p.m. at the Brooklyn Museum

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Eleanor W." <killerfemme AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Vivien Goldman on a Panel Saturday 2 p.m. at the Brooklyn Museum
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:33:24 -0800 (PST)

Dear Typical Friends,

I thought that those of you who are New York-based might be interested to
know about a panel discussion that I am putting together at the Brooklyn
Museum this Saturday, November 15, from 2 to 4 p.m.

The panel is called "Negotiating Identities in Contemporary Society" and it
uses our special exhibition of the works of British conceptual duo Gilbert &
George as a jumping off point to explore a myriad of issues and ideas related
to contemporary art and artists.

Panelists include Typical Girls list favorite and "punk professor" Vivien
Goldman, journalist and cultural critic Greg Tate, art historian and critic
Eleanor Heartney, and curator Edwin Ramoran. Faith Salie, my favorite radio
host ever, will be moderating.

The panel is free with museum admission (which is pay what you wish). For
more information check out: http://www.brooklynmuseum.org.

Rarely does my professional and personal life collide so neatly. Hope you can
join us on Saturday!
Eleanor