typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] SF 2006 Mezzanine show of The SLits

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: J Neo Marvin <j_n_e_o AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] SF 2006 Mezzanine show of The SLits
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:08:16 -0800

Just a note for clarity's sake: I lived in Santa Cruz at the time,
but it was in San Francisco and Palo Alto that I saw them. (In 1980.)
But thanks for posting the link again, Davis. We captured some good
stuff. That was a superb show. Possibly better than the shows I saw
back then.

Regarding the main discussion, I wouldn't mind a revolving door approach
with Palmolive, Budgie, Bruce Smith, and the awesome Anna all taking turns.
Heck, I'd even be glad to see Steve Beresford. And Neneh Cherry. And
even that guy who inexplicably danced around with a saxophone without
ever actually playing it when they played the I Beam around the time
"Return" came out. If we're going to fantasize, might as well go all the way.

-J Neo Marvin
http://www.live365.com/stations/jneomarvin
http://www.jneomarvin.com