typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Delta 5 Peel session tracks

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "dan palmer" <dan.palmer AT ntlworld.com>
  • To: "maria tessa sciarrino" <maria AT plainparade.org>, <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Delta 5 Peel session tracks
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:01:24 +0100

Maria,

I consider myself suitably chastened. I've only been a member here for a month or so, and though I had read your post of a few weeks ago, I'd still forgotten about the reissue. By way of explanation I can only say that I'm going through a very busy and stressful period while finishing off a PhD thesis, and that with the weight of information I'm having to deal with, unfortunately, I can't remember everything. I would also say that when I read about a 'reissue,' I didn't bother following the further links as I already have all the Delta 5 releases on vinyl, and have had since their time of issue. I didn't realise, therefore, that the Peel tracks would be included.

Obviously, if I had known, I wouldn't have posted one track, let alone six. My reasons for posting were purely that I thought these tracks had long been unavailable and, as far as I knew, would continue to be so.

Dan

maria tessa sciarrino wrote:

there have been numerous messages on this very mailing list about a
delta 5 reissue coming out quite soon, im sure it should be quite clear
that its NOT OK to post, like, half the record long its due out. i know
that i posted, not even 3 weeks ago[!], the cover artwork [which i
designed] to the reissue. im sure my response would have been different
if dan p. sent one or perhaps two links to mp3s -- but seven? dude, come
on; even a blind man can see the fine line there.

god, sometimes i wonder if the people who are on this list actually
bother to read the messages.

-m.

George Romansic wrote:
How many of us have a clear idea as to when it's okay to post tracks and
when it's not? It's a judgment call, finding the balance between
helping to promote a record and cutting into potential sales.

In this instance I believe the posted tracks mostly serve to whet the
appetite for the KRS release. We're all going to buy it anyway, so I
don't see a real need for an apology. The tracks are out there and we'd
find them if we wanted them badly enough.