typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Delta 5 Peel session tracks

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: maria tessa sciarrino <maria AT plainparade.org>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Delta 5 Peel session tracks
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 01:05:53 -0400

there have been numerous messages on this very mailing list about a delta 5 reissue coming out quite soon, im sure it should be quite clear that its NOT OK to post, like, half the record long its due out. i know that i posted, not even 3 weeks ago[!], the cover artwork [which i designed] to the reissue. im sure my response would have been different if dan p. sent one or perhaps two links to mp3s -- but seven? dude, come on; even a blind man can see the fine line there.

god, sometimes i wonder if the people who are on this list actually bother to read the messages.

-m.

George Romansic wrote:
How many of us have a clear idea as to when it's okay to post tracks and when it's not? It's a judgment call, finding the balance between helping to promote a record and cutting into potential sales. In this instance I believe the posted tracks mostly serve to whet the appetite for the KRS release. We're all going to buy it anyway, so I don't see a real need for an apology. The tracks are out there and we'd find them if we wanted them badly enough.