typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] New 'Women Ahead of their Time" CD

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: WWWhatsup <joly AT dti.net>
  • To: Typical Girls <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] New 'Women Ahead of their Time" CD
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:32:59 -0400

I just spoke with Viv G. briefly about this.

She finds this hard to believe, remembring that the record was delayed
forever while the label went thru complicated licensing arrangements with
Island for the Slits material. Viv was impressed by thorough german style
efficiency with which they went about licensing. She herself contacted
Ari on their behalf - Ari wasn't that interested, stating that she had no
power
over Island..

joly

>FYI though, the Delta 5 wasn't licensed with the band or likely with Rough
>Trade and once again, Ari didn't get contacted about the Slits track.
>
>Best,
>Jason

WWWhatsup NYC