typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] We Ain’t Housewife Material

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Dina Hornreich <dinahornreich AT earthlink.net>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] We Ain’t Housewife Material
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 23:29:58 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

FYI -- New comp from Dionysus Records

<http://www.dionysusrecords.com/press/onesheets/ID1233109.pdf>

“We Ain’t Housewife Material - A Collection of All-girl Garage, Rock and
Punk Groups”

This all-female/female fronted punk, rock and garage compilation
features some of today's hardest rocking girl
bands from all over the globe! Included are well known
bands such as BETTY BLOWTORCH from LA, SHEMALE
TROUBLE and THE GEE STRINGS from Germany,
MENSEN from Norway, FIFI AND THE MACH 3 from
Japan and VENTRA from Italy along with bands you may
not know (but just as rockin') such as THE SOAP (Japan,)
ELVIS MCMAN (USA,) CANDYRAG (UK) make this a musthave
for all fans of girl bands, rock 'n' roll and hi-velocity
punk rock! Killer artwork by Andrew Brandau!

dinahornreich AT earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~dinahornreich/

Moderator, Typical Girls List
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=17851

Ockhams Razor: Basic Scientific Principal
"All things being equal the simplest explanation
and the simplest answer is probably the right one."

  • [TypicalGirls] We Ain’t Housewife Material, Dina Hornreich, 07/08/2004