treq-nm - Re: [TREQ-NM] Valle Grande pasture rides

treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico

  • From: Sabine Shurter <ranch AT tektrail.com>
  • To: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico <treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TREQ-NM] Valle Grande pasture rides
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 09:13:28 -0600

Here the info on the Valle Grande pasture rides:

My email:

Hi Kimberley: Are there any Valle Grande pasture rides planned for this year? Thanks - Sabine

Kimberly's answer:

"No. We tried them last year because everyone wanted to ride through the
Valle Grande, but when they got out here it turned out they didn't like
riding through it because of the bunch grass, marshes, and fences. They
ended up riding on the roads which was unsafe due to the volume of traffic."

Una Smith wrote:
Does anyone know the current status of pasture riding in the Valles Caldera?
I thought it was a popular activity last summer but don't see it on the VCNP
calendar for this summer.

Una Smith