treq-nm - [TREQ-NM] Gaited mare, colts for sale

treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico

  • From: Carolyn Meinel <carolyn.meinel AT techbroker.com>
  • To: treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TREQ-NM] Gaited mare, colts for sale
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 13:37:01 -0600

We are located near Albuquerque, NM.

Flaming V's Raven is 6 years old, 14 hh, silver dun with black points. We waited until she was four to start her under saddle and only recently began riding her moderately hard, so she should remain sound into old age. Raven is experienced with river crossings (even the Rio Grande) and mountain trails. I've ridden her alongside a freight train blowing its horn and she was OK even though our companion's horses were acting up. She's registered Horse of the Americas (HOA-1557). My 190-lb husband rides Raven in the mountains so she is strong for her size. She is an endurance prospect. Her grandsire is El Tigre Segundo (SMR-1567; O-1431; SSMA-1201). According to her HOA papers, El Tigre Segundo was an "NATRC Trail Champion," "AIHR Supreme Hall of Fame," and "SMR [Spanish Mustang Registry] Grande Conquistador."   Raven loves to jump, has "lots of cow" and some cutting experience and prefers to trocha. You can sit comfortably to all her gaits, including the gallop. I can send you videos of her.

Also for sale is Raven's bay 12-month-old gaited colt, Sandy, who can be registered American Indian Horse Registry. We expect Sandy to mature at 14 hh. Sandy's sire is Vikingo de Los Angeles, a registered Paso Fino, (Paso Fino Horse Association 37,728; International Registry No. 115489). Vikingo is a "Classic Fino," meaning he can do that tap dance thing. Vikingo also is registered with the North American Single-footing Association (2007-52) on the basis of his distance-eating largo. We recently introduced Vikingo to mountain trail riding. He has done well, even on a May 8, 2010 High Desert Riders event during strong, cold winds around old mines with scary giant mining junk looming about. Much of the way Vikingo led the ride, with Raven second so the other horses could see that mining junk wasn't going to eat anybody. So far we have always ridden Vikingo barefoot as he has flintlike hooves which he has passed down to all his offspring that we know of. Vikingo is the offspring of many Paso Fino show horses*. I like to think he proves that fancy breeding doesn't necessarily produce a wimpy trail horse.

We also are selling Rusty, a bay 12-month-old gaited colt who also can be registered AIHR. We expect him to mature at around 15 hh. His full brother already is over 14 hh at 24 months. His dam, Flaming V's Sunflower (HOA-1566), is Raven's sister; El Tigre Segundo is her grandsire. Vikingo is Rusty's sire. We expect Rusty to develop a super long mane and tail like his full brother.

Also for sale is Sparky, a bay 11-month-old gaited colt. We expect him to mature at around 15 hh. Sire is Vikingo. His dam, Alice, is unregistered. Alice is a big boned retired rodeo bucking horse who looks like she has Spanish Colonial blood. She can trocha and at speed can go into a broken pace. Sparky, too, should develop a long, showy mane and tail.

All colts have good ground manners and consider themselves to be our pets.

* You can see Vikingo's pedigree at http://www.pasoregistry.com/db/SearchStart.asp
I can send you a video of show wins by his sire, Pirata de Besilu. Example, Champion Amateur Owner-ridden Fino Stallion, PFHA Grand National Championship Show, Sept. 19-26, 2004 Perry, GA.
His granddam, Chata de Besilu, was a PFHA National Champion in Performance, meaning largo type with lots of brio.
You can see many of Vikingo's ancestors ranked at http://stallionservicecentral.com/Top%20Ten%20Pages/pfha_top_ten_stallions.htm
His great-grandsire, Capuchino, was crowned "Horse of the Millennium" among many honors http://pasofinohorsedirectory.com/capuchino-rip-2/; http://www.capuchinothelegend.com/

Carolyn Meinel
505-281-0490
http://techbroker.com
http://horsestories.org
“Ideology offers human beings the illusion of dignity and morals while making it easier to part with them." -- Václav Havel, Czech dissident-turned-president, quoted by Kathleen Parker in "The GOP's misguided hunt for heretics," http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/23/AR2010022303783.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

  • [TREQ-NM] Gaited mare, colts for sale, Carolyn Meinel, 05/24/2010