treq-nm - [TREQ-NM] April 16 meeting, NM 599 (Santa Fe Relief Route) Corridor Study

treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith AT att.net>
  • To: treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TREQ-NM] April 16 meeting, NM 599 (Santa Fe Relief Route) Corridor Study
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 06:59:50 -0600

TREQ-NM,

A few months ago in The Horsemen's Voice trail news column, I mentioned the
NM 599 (SF Relief Route) Corridor Study, part of a larger highway improvement
project in the Santa Fe area. NM 599 has 3 non-motorized use underpasses
already constructed, but only one of them is connected to trails and in use.

The issue of providing for safe pedestrian (and equestrian) crossings and
travel along highways in northern New Mexico has heated up recently due to
the death of a pedestrian who was struck by a car on US 84/285.

I have just received notice of a stakeholder meeting next week, about the
NM 599 Corridor Study. This is very short notice, so please don't delay in
forwarding this to others who may be interested.

Una Smith

Stakeholders Meeting
NM 599 Corridor Study

Thursday April 16, 2009 4 PM - 6 PM
at the
Nancy Rodriguez Community Center
1 Prairie Dog Loop (off County Road 62)
Santa Fe, New Mexico

For details see the project's main web page and a PDF flyer re the meeting:
http://www.nmshtd.state.nm.us/main.asp?secid=15527
http://www.nmshtd.state.nm.us/upload/images/NM599_Study/4-16-09_StakeholderPostcard.pdf

If you have additional questions, please contact Denise Weston
(dweston AT parametrix.com, 505 821-4700).

  • [TREQ-NM] April 16 meeting, NM 599 (Santa Fe Relief Route) Corridor Study, Una Smith, 04/10/2009