treq-nm - [TREQ-NM] The Horsemen's Voice, March 2009 issue

treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith AT att.net>
  • To: treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TREQ-NM] The Horsemen's Voice, March 2009 issue
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:25:20 -0700

The March issue of The Horsemen's Voice may reach readers this week.
The trail news column has a lot of content provided to me by TREQ-NM
subscribers. Topics are:

* Feral cattle roundup on the Rio Grande at Bandelier National Monument
* Tunnels on trails
* New Mexico proposed legislation relating to trails
* TREQ-NM (now our little secret will be out...)

Trish Hug and Karla Kingery sent photos, and several of you gave me
new ideas about tunnels. Thanks to you all for your helpful replies
to my query about tunnels back in January. Most of the underpasses
in New Mexico are beam bridges. In California, many culverts used
by trail riders are huge cylinders of corrugated steel. Do you know
of any of these in New Mexico?

Una

  • [TREQ-NM] The Horsemen's Voice, March 2009 issue, Una Smith, 02/23/2009