treq-nm - Re: [TREQ-NM] Tunnels

treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico

  • From: Patricia Hug <trish_hug AT hotmail.com>
  • To: TREQ NM <treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TREQ-NM] Tunnels
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:22:20 -0600

I ride my horse through the underpass beneath Highway 14 near CR44 & 45. This underpass is part of a much traveled arroyo. Sometimes Breeze is bold and will walk through on his own; sometimes he wants a buddy to go through first to prove the tunnel won't swallow him up. He can see all the way through to the other side and there are four or five tunnels to choose from. I think what bothers him most is the sound his hooves make – sorta hollow and echoey.