treq-nm - Re: [TREQ-NM] Tunnels

treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico

  • From: Karla Kingery <karla_kingery AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico <treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TREQ-NM] Tunnels
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:05:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi Una

Yes we ride under an underpass each time we go out to ride.

We have never had any problem.  The first time i ever rode my mustang it was under the overpass.
I just rode up to it and let him look at it and asked him to go forward,He was hesatant at first,but decided there was no boogie man waiting and went right thru.

All of our younger one's have been thru also.  We hand walk them thru as part of their training.
Some times there is water in it,so that helps on training also.

Lonnie
Ribera N.M