treq-nm - Re: [TREQ-NM] FW: BCH Work Rides

treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico

  • From: "Debbie Spickermann" <d_obermaier AT cybermesa.com>
  • To: "'Trail building equestrians of New Mexico'" <treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TREQ-NM] FW: BCH Work Rides
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:10:17 -0600

The Rio Puerco trail is a mess. Lots of blow-down trees of varying
diameters. This is wilderness, so no
chainsaws allowed. a folding saw is the back-up to our two-man saw, which
with a lot of elbow grease,
gets the job done. Other saws, such as a small bow saw, with the blade
removed for transport, are also good on the trail. Some people carry a
regular tree saw inside a scabbard, which is then strapped to your saddle. I
have as yet to get a majority vote on the trail for going to Resumidero, but
I'll give everyone a "heads up" when it is confirmed as well as the driving
directions and general info.
There are 3 trailheads accessible from Resumidero, The Corralitos, Rio
Puerco, and the Redonda Vega.
All three trails connect with other trails to network with the entire San
Pedro Parks trail system.

Debra Spickermann
Equine Escapes, L.L.C.