treq-nm - [TREQ-NM] Travel management plans

treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith AT att.net>
  • To: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico <treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TREQ-NM] Travel management plans
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:12:30 -0600

A while back, Sep 14, Debbie Spickermann wrote:
>I think you said it all, we need roads for the horse trailers
>as well.

I am undecided about whether as equestrian users we need more or
less roads in the national forests. I think it depends entirely
on where those roads go. The travel management plans use really
good maps, though, so the first step may be to look at the maps
and consider, road by road, is this a road that we want to remain
open to motor vehicles? For equestrian users, that depends on
another question: can this road be used *at all* by a vehicle
towing a horse trailer?

Great thread, even though it is a slow one. Thanks, Debbie and
Sabine.

Cheers,

Una Smith
New Mexico