treq-nm - Re: [TREQ-NM] Santa Fe Trail race

treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico

  • From: Miles Standish <mstandish AT fs.fed.us>
  • To: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico <treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TREQ-NM] Santa Fe Trail race
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:51:40 -0600

Hi Debbie- glad to hear you will be out on the Borrego Trail- please be
sure and let me know what you find!

Thanks,

Miles Standish
Trails, Wilderness, and Special Uses
Espanola Ranger District
Santa Fe National Forest
(505) 753-7331 Phone
(505) 753-9411 Fax
mstandish AT fs.fed.us

"..wilderness is a place where the hand of man has never set foot..." -
Howard Zahniser

"Debbie
Spickermann"
<d_obermaier@cybe To
rmesa.com> "'Trail building equestrians of New
Sent by: Mexico'"
treq-nm-bounces@l <treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
ists.ibiblio.org cc

Subject
09/14/2008 07:38 Re: [TREQ-NM] Santa Fe Trail race
PM

Please respond to
Trail building
equestrians of
New Mexico
<treq-nm AT lists.ib
iblio.org>

Una,
I didn't make it out there is year. Did you go to their website?

BTW, BCH-SF has tentatively scheduled a recon-ride for the Borrego Trail
leading from
the newly cleared Aspen Ranch road. It is my understanding it has been
impassable
for horse trailers for over 2 years. Here's your chance to ride before the
winter has
a chance to ruin the road again. We're meeting at the De Vargas Mall and
caravanning in
for those who don't know the way. Meet time: 9:00 am, Saturday, Sept.20 at
the mall.
Weather permitting. We won't cancel unless the forecast is for a definite
rain event.
For the rest of you TREQ-NM folks, BCH-SF just got back from
setting/resetting 11 posts
on the Las Vacas portion of the CDT. It's super visible now. Dave Allen
from
the Cuba Ranger
District climbed aboard one of my horses (his 6th time on a horse) and rode
the trail with us.
We had two pack animals in tow and 8 other riders. Weather was great and
all
of us were
out there all day Saturday the 13th.
Does anyone have any info on the extension of the CDT from the Ghost Bridge
(Ojitos Trail)
to the top of Mesa de las Vejitas?

Debra Spickermann
Equine Escapes, L.L.C.