treq-nm - Re: [TREQ-NM] August meeting-BCH

treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico

  • From: Sabine Shurter <sabine AT tektrail.com>
  • To: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico <treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TREQ-NM] August meeting-BCH
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:20:12 -0600

Hi Debbie: What is the general stance of the BCH on this issue? I am conflicted. Road closures mean more trails/roads for hikers and equestrians (who even have an advantage over hikers as horses can cover more ground) where they do not have to deal with motorized vehicles, especially ATVs and dirt bikes. On the hand, some areas may be less accessible to trailer rigs. Kind regards - Sabine

Debbie Spickermann wrote:

Dear members,

There will be no general meeting at the Posse building this month. Instead, I encourage
each one of you to attend the SANTA FE NATIONAL FOREST HEARING ON ROAD CLOSURES.
The hearing will be held on Tuesday, August 12th from 6:00-8:30 p.m. at the Unitarian Universalist Church located at 107 W. Barcelona Rd., Santa Fe.

Directions are as follows: From St. Francis drive, turn east on W. Cordova Road. go past Don Diego Ave. Turn

Left on Galisteo, go one block, turn right on W. Barcelona Rd.

Let's make a good showing for our fellow equestrians and on behalf of BCH-SF!

here's a link to the file for the travel management plans by the FS.

www.fs.fed.us/r3/sfe/travelmgt/index.html

Hope to see you all there!