treq-nm - Re: [TREQ-NM] Fort Stanton

treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith AT att.net>
  • To: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico <treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TREQ-NM] Fort Stanton
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:48:30 -0600

Marie Griffith wrote:
>I want to do a web page on great trails.

Excellent!

How about on Wikipedia? And Wikitravel for the essential travel
details (driving directions, where to stay, etc.)? And Wikimedia
Commons for uploading your images so they can be used on these
other sites?

See these starter pages:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Stanton
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Trails_in_New_Mexico

Friends in Los Alamos who own small travel industry businesses
tell me Wikitravel is very good for them. But there is so much
more to add.

I'm not knocking personal web pages and blogs, but if you go the
Wikimedia Foundation route, your contributions are guaranteed to
have an enormous synergistic effect. Not to mention top billing
in web search engine results.

Una