treq-nm - Re: [TREQ-NM] Ride the Valles Caldera

treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith AT att.net>
  • To: Trail building equestrians of New Mexico <treq-nm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TREQ-NM] Ride the Valles Caldera
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:12:09 -0600

Valles Caldera National Preserve is nowhere close to breaking even, and
some people claim the largest losses are in the cattle grazing program.

VCNP's equestrian program is growing, which is very good news, and as
far as I can work it out VCNP's costs of that program are more or less
fixed. The new interim camping program should help the equestrian
program to grow. I am waiting to hear from someone who has camped, to
learn how it works.

Una