tcrp-news - [tcrp-news] Dryden Democrats blog post on Peak Oil

tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Tompkins County Relocalization Project

  • From: Tompkins County Relocalization Project <tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: davidmakar AT hotmail.com, FiveWells AT aol.com
  • Subject: [tcrp-news] Dryden Democrats blog post on Peak Oil
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:08:40 -0500

Hello TCLocal observers,

It was pleasing to see a well-informed blog entry on peak oil by
newly elected Dryden Town Supervisor Mary Ann Sumner:

http://drydendems.blogspot.com/2007/12/last-week-david-makar-and-marty-hatch.html

On Simon St. Laurent's "Living in Dryden" blog, Mary Ann says:

I met with TC Local people last week. I think they were happy
to meet a municipal official who already understands and
accepts the concept of peak oil and is ready to move on to
planning.

Were we ever! Here's hoping that energy descent will be on the
agenda for local planning in 2008.

Jon

  • [tcrp-news] Dryden Democrats blog post on Peak Oil, Tompkins County Relocalization Project, 12/28/2007