tcrp-news - [tcrp-news] Recent energy descent articles of note

tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Tompkins County Relocalization Project

  • From: Tompkins County Relocalization Project <tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [tcrp-news] Recent energy descent articles of note
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:48:21 -0400

Some notable recent items of interest to this list:

"Beyond the age of petroleum" -- article by Michael T. Klare in
The Nation with special emphasis on military implications,
archived at Energy Bulletin:

http://energybulletin.net/36203.html

"Crude oil: the supply outlook" -- major review by the Energy
Watch Group:

http://postcarboncities.net/files/EWG_Oilreport_10-2007.pdf

Summary of key findings from the above:

http://postcarboncities.net/node/1751

"How Can We Outlive Our Way of Life?" -- Technical paper by Tad
Patzek of UC Berkeley with special emphasis on the inadequacy of
biofuels as replacements for petroleum and the relative
superiority of photovoltaics, prepared for the OECD:

http://petroleum.berkeley.edu/papers/Biofuels/OECDSept102007TWPatzek.pdf

Jon Bosak
Chair, TCLocal

  • [tcrp-news] Recent energy descent articles of note, Tompkins County Relocalization Project, 10/26/2007