tcrp-news - [tcrp-news] Recent TCRP presentations

tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Tompkins County Relocalization Project

  • From: Tompkins County Relocalization Project <tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [tcrp-news] Recent TCRP presentations
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:26:07 -0500 (EST)

Hello TCRP observers,

The TCRP was featured this week in a radio interview conducted by
Jason Bradford, organizer of the Willits (California)
relocalization effort. You can hear it at

http://globalpublicmedia.com/interviews/687

I often point to these audio pieces at globalpublicmedia.com as
the perfect way to come up to speed on all things related to peak
oil while doing something mindless like laundry or exercise.
Another good recent Bradford interview is on the subject of public
health after the peak:

http://globalpublicmedia.com/interviews/683

It's not a very encouraging piece, but it's certainly of interest,
especially to those of you on this list involved in public health
(including mental health) and disaster management, and there
doesn't seem to be lot of other material yet available on this
subject.

Bethany and I also gave a TCRP presentation at Greenstar Co-op in
Ithaca last night. You can see that version of our stock slide
deck at

http://ibiblio.org/tcrp/pres/tcrp-intro.pdf

If you haven't downloaded a copy of the presentation lately, you
might want to take a look; I've added a lot of backup material in
the last couple of weeks and found better versions of one or two
of the graphics. Remember to hit ctrl-0 (control-zero) right at
the beginning if the title slide doesn't come up centered
correctly in your viewer. The file runs about 7 MB because of all
the graphics, so you'll have to be patient, even with broadband.
If you're using a dial-up line, it's probably best to download the
file in the background and view it offline.

Jon

  • [tcrp-news] Recent TCRP presentations, Tompkins County Relocalization Project, 03/30/2006