stayfree - Stay Free | August 28, 2009

stayfree AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Free, promotional email list for Stay Free! print magazine

  • From: carrie mclaren <stayfreemagazine AT gmail.com>
  • To: stayfree AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Stay Free | August 28, 2009
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:24:04 -0400

Hi all,

As some of you may have already discovered, our book, AD NAUSEUM: A SURVIVOR'S GUIDE TO AMERICAN CONSUMER CULTURE, doesn't have an index. We thought the publisher was going to do one, but, apparently, it slipped through the cracks. But fear not, index-lovers. If you bought the book or are thinking about buying it there's an index to download here:
http://blog.stayfreemagazine.org/2009/07/heres-an-index-for-our-book-ad-nauseam.html

And, of course, the book itself is available here:
http://www.amazon.com/Ad-Nauseam-Survivors-American-Consumer/dp/0865479879

Also, I thought I'd share a few nice reviews:

From Advertising Age:
http://adage.com/bookstore/post?article_id=138670

From Slate:
http://www.slate.com/id/2224464/pagenum/all/

From the Second Pass:
http://thesecondpass.com/?p=2234

From Book Slut:
http://www.bookslut.com/nonfiction/2009_07_014733.php

And here are a few interviews:

On WNYC in New York:
http://www.wnyc.org/shows/bl/episodes/2009/06/22/segments/134856

In Gelf Magazine:
http://www.gelfmagazine.com/archives/combatting_idiocracy.php

On KBOO in Portland, Oregon:
http://kboo.fm/node/15247

much thanks,
carrie

  • Stay Free | August 28, 2009, carrie mclaren, 08/28/2009