stayfree - Stay Free reading in Brooklyn this Sunday

stayfree AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Free, promotional email list for Stay Free! print magazine

  • From: carrie mclaren <stayfreemagazine AT gmail.com>
  • To: stayfree AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Stay Free reading in Brooklyn this Sunday
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:12:16 -0400

Hello. For those of you in Brooklyn, I'm going to be presenting a brief talk, "The Curious History of Subliminal Advertising," adapted from the new Stay Free book, Ad Nauseam: A Survivor's Guide to American Consumer Culture on Sunday:
http://www.adnauseam.info

Vox Pop
Sunday, July 19, 5 pm
1022 Cortelyou, in Ditmas Park
(Q to Cortelyou or F to Ditmas)

Comrade Daniel Wright will also be in the house, presenting "A Brief Guide to Child-Rearing Devices," from his new book, Patently Silly: The Daftest Inventions Ever Devised.
http://www.patentlysilly.com

(Incidentally, both of these talks were originally prepared for our Adult Education lecture series.)

Hope you can make it.

And of course, you are always welcome to buy the book:
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/order.html

  • Stay Free reading in Brooklyn this Sunday, carrie mclaren, 07/14/2009