stayfree - Stay F---! | 16 August

stayfree AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Free, promotional email list for Stay Free! print magazine

  • From: Carrie McLaren <carrie AT stayfreemagazine.org>
  • To: stayfree AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Stay F---! | 16 August
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:00:06 -0400

Hello, a couple of friends and I put together this site. It's not a Stay F---! thing but maybe you'll appreciate it:
http://www.AnybodyButBush.org

"Americans disgusted with President Bush have promised to vote for 'anybody but Bush.' To which we respond, 'ANYBODY?' To test critics' mettle, we've decided to put the matter to a vote. Thanks to our state-of-the-art survey software, people typically forbidden from voting -- teenagers, felons, Canadians, and African-Americans who live in Florida -- may join the rest of us in helping select the next U.S. President..."

:::

Also, here's a query for the upcoming issue of Stay F---! geared to our readers here in Brooklyn. If you know any graphic designers, please let the know.

THE PROBLEM: SHRINKING LESBIAN POPULATION

The lesbian community in Park Slope, Brooklyn, has been rapidly declining due to a number of factors, including gentrification and low birth rate (Lesbians reproduce at a low rate, and even when they do produce offspring, there is no guarantee that the child will be a lesbian.)

THE SOLUTION: BRANDING!

We need your help. We're calling on designers and other creative people to come up with an ad campaign to help save the endangered lesbian population of Park Slope. Each contributor should create a logo, branding strategy, and sample advertisement for protecting and bolstering Park Slope lesbians. If you lack the resources to produce publishable work, sketch out your idea and, if we like it, we'll design it for you.

We'll publish the best ideas in the upcoming edition of Stay Free! magazine, and (where desired) advertise the contributor's services to our readers.

Digital files may be submitted in any Mac-friendly format (Indesign, Quark, Illustrator; Photoshop, tif, jpgs, eps at 300 dpi)

Send to carrie (at) stayfreemagazine.org

or

Stay Free! magazine
390 Butler Street, 3rd fl
Brooklyn NY 11217

Contact: Carrie McLaren, (718) 398-9425, with any questions

:::::

ADVERTISE IN THE NEXT STAY F---!

Beginning with the next issue, Stay F---! will be (nearly) doubling our circulation and distributing the magazine f--- in Park Slope, Brooklyn. Ad rates and deadlines here: http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/adrates.pdf

  • Stay F---! | 16 August, Carrie McLaren, 08/16/2004