sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] retiring fawkes

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] retiring fawkes
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 16:12:23 -0500

SMGL,

After 12-something years and thousands of dollars in hosting fees, it's
time for me to ask the project to find another hardware home. Obviously I'm
not doing much of anything with SMGL anymore and though I still believe in
it and would prefer to be a part of things, I'm not, and I need to reclaim
the resources.

I can leave the current set up in place until the end of 2018. I know you
have donated/shared options now, but that gives you a little time to find
another dedicated option if anyone still has that as a priority.

Regardless, it doesn't appear the project has done any lead voting since
the "temporary" vote for PL in mid 2016. Given how few participate right
now I assume anyone who wanted to complain about that would have done so,
but I'm going to go ahead and give you a few days to decide if I should
just hand the DNS over to the current PL or if you want a vote on anything
first. If no one says otherwise, I'll assume the former.

Thanks.

  • [SM-Discuss] retiring fawkes, Jeremy Blosser, 10/31/2018