sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] spidermonkey spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] spidermonkey spells
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 01:13:09 +0200

Am Thu, 20 Aug 2015 11:08:50 +0200
schrieb Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>:

> > I could as well drop things. Is anyone interested in spidermonkey at
> > all?
> >

> policykit requires spidermonkey-1.8.5

So, we need parallel install of spidermonkey1 and spidermonkeyXX?
What's the proper thing to do? As for gpac
(https://gpac.wp.mines-telecom.fr/), random javascript cruft is not
what I am interested in anyway, that was about MP4Box. Perhaps I can
make a spell for that and forget about spidermonkey.

Wait a moment … policykit relies on a JavaScript engine? And a rather
ancient one at that? As if I needed another reason to keep that away
from my systems;-)

Alrighty then,

Thomas