sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Unverified, volatile, non-summonable spell sources (example: libaccounts-glib)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ismael Luceno <ismael.luceno AT gmail.com>
  • To: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • Cc: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Unverified, volatile, non-summonable spell sources (example: libaccounts-glib)
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 13:58:08 -0300

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 11:12:43 +0200
Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be> wrote:
<...>
> in particular there seems to be no way to get a properly versioned
> tarball, so I resorted to ta minimal git checkout.
> This problem affects most of the spells in this section, some of
> which have a a lot of history which I did not want.
> In some cases the difference was ~300K vs ~15M.
> Also some of the spells have no official releases.
>
> Does 'summon' process the DOWNLOAD file?

Yes, it does.

> If so, I coud improve the clone_single_branch function, to give a
> reproducible result.

Please don't, instead extend the standard Git backend, it already
fetches a single branch, it just needs to know about --depth, by
extending the URL parser to specify the depth the change should be
minimal.

We should be able to make a new release of sorcery soon. I am hoping
to have a couple of days to work on it next weekend to clean up a few
features.

  • Re: [SM-Discuss] Unverified, volatile, non-summonable spell sources (example: libaccounts-glib), Ismael Luceno, 08/02/2015