sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Fwd: [Grimoire - Bug #530] (New) [xorg] after compiling with gcc 4.7.2 on test, now xorg refuses to start with core devices unable to be allocated.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Fwd: [Grimoire - Bug #530] (New) [xorg] after compiling with gcc 4.7.2 on test, now xorg refuses to start with core devices unable to be allocated.
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 21:48:41 -0600

Hi,

In case experienced this earlier...

I recompiled everything on a x86-64 machine after upgrading gcc to 4.7.2...

I was under X when doing this, so I didn't realize it broke, :-(

When finally getting to reboot after the whole process, including
fixing a couple of broken spells after gcc upgrade, I now realize I
can't start X.

X fails to allocate core devices (I'm guessing input devices), so X
ends up crashing.

This wasn't happening before, and I have no clue what can be causing
the issue. I recompiled xorg-server, xorg-libs, all input and video
xorg devices, libdrm, mesalib, etc... Nothing seems to help.
surprisingly enough to me, no single spell complains about anything,
everything casts without problems...

If someone went through this and solved me, please let me know.

Thanks,

Javier.

4.7.2 on test, now xorg refuses to start with core devices unable to
be allocated.
To: j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com

Issue #530 has been reported by Javier Vasquez.

Bug #530: [xorg] after compiling with gcc 4.7.2 on test, now xorg
refuses to start with core devices unable to be allocated.
http://www.sourcemage.org/issues/530