sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Project Lead Speech

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Project Lead Speech
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 12:45:14 -0800

Hail fellow Sourcemagers (and -ettes),

First off, thank you for the nomination to this most glorious position
in our community, I will strive to make the best of it. :)

Rather than boring you with my words of wisdom and typing out fancy
words and clichés, I will instead provide a succinct, but by no means
complete or even prioritized, list of tasks I would like to
have improved and/or completed during my tenure:

* Run through http://www.sourcemage.org/SourceMage/Developers and
update for names to add/remove.
* Update x86 and x86_64 ISOs, to at least avoid the corner cases
causing the util-linux/e2fsprogs issue and include virtio device
drivers.
* Update and complete http://www.sourcemage.org/Spell_Writing_Handbook.
* Remove http://www.sourcemage.org/GrimoireGurusHandbook (should use
http://www.sourcemage.org/Spell_Writing_Handbook).
* Merge http://www.sourcemage.org/NewGuruHandbook with
http://www.sourcemage.org/Spell_Writing_Handbook.
* Modify our git commit hook to send one e-mail per commit (current
method is one e-mail per push).
* Provide a local commit hook for developers to generate HISTORY from
the commit log (or the reverse, depending which is easier).
* Work on regular Sorcery and ISO release schedules.
* Encourage users and developers to file bugs in Bugzilla.
* Have developers (including me :)) put more focus in squashing open
bugs in Bugzilla.
* Better (always subject to interpretation ;)) organization of
http://www.sourcemage.org/.

I will be putting aside more time for SMGL to work on this, but I would
appreciate it if everyone here helps keep me on track. If it looks like
I'm slacking, let me know! If there are issues you believe are
important and I am not working on them, let me know! As always,
communication is vital to having a working and enjoyable team.

Thank you,

-sandalle

PS: Note that all of the above is preceeded with an, "If I am
elected ..." :)

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285