sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] parallel build, when is JOBS non-empty?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] parallel build, when is JOBS non-empty?
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 15:33:14 +0100

Hi again... i had this question in the discussion about getting scons builds
to use parallel processes:

> Thomas:

> Am Sat, 17 Oct 2009 20:40:47 +0200
> schrieb Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>:

> > You can try using JOBS, which already has the number computed, but it can
> > be
> > unset - make -j means infinite jobs; I don't know if scons treats it the
> > same
> > way.

> So, should I test if JOBS is non-empty and use it in that case? And under
> what circumstances is it not set?

Can this question be answered? I just encountered this while updating
hydrogen, which, sadly, switched to scons now. JOBS seems to be empty for
me... so something in default_build sets it?

Alrighty then,

Thomas.

  • [SM-Discuss] parallel build, when is JOBS non-empty?, Thomas Orgis, 01/08/2010