sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] policy for the VERSION of init.d

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] policy for the VERSION of init.d
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:35:16 +0200

Am Wed, 11 Jun 2008 00:04:46 +0000
schrieb Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:

> Depends on who you're asking. :) The way I usually look at it is how the
> kernel used to do it (from http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/docs/kerncomp.php):

Well, this could inflate to a major discussion on "the right" version
scheme;-) I, for example, don't believe in even/odd scheme for
development versions; my development versions are in the scm repository --
(hopefully) stable releases get numbers.
My question was specific to the version of our init.d -- did it follow
this kernel policy?

Anyhow... we agree that next init.d version will be simply 3, followed
by 4, followed by 5...?

Alrighty then,

Thomas.