sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] update ATi fglrx driver, or help me do so..please!!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Martin Spitzbarth <m.spitzbarth AT gmx.de>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] update ATi fglrx driver, or help me do so..please!!
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 17:35:42 +0100

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 23:02:01 +0900,
Craig Dyke <grail69 AT amnet.net.au> wrote:

> Howdy all
>
> Can I just ask the stupid question about whether this works for all X?
>
> ie does it work for the modular xorg-server as well as normal xfree86
>
> Craig

Hello Craig,

I've written the spell on a 64 bit architecture and the modular
xorg-server, and I didn't invest much into the non-modular X
versions, as they are going to be deprecated anyway and I was a bit
tired after making the spell. According to amd it supports any one of
the following:

XOrg 6.7, 6.8, 6.9, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 or 7.3; XFree86 version 4.3

However, the X detection logic is not quite complete (it's in a
devel branch for a reason), but I would really appreciate feedback on
the necessary settings for different X versions. This part really
needs improvement. One thing you need for sure is a 2.6.x version of the
linux kernel.

If you are adventurous, you can add the xfree86 settings to the "case"
structure in PRE_BUILD (around line 51). I guess it is
ATI_XVERSION=x430. I don't know if that installs everything else to the
correct directories (again, the spell is in a devel branch).

I hope that was helpful. Please let me know of anything positive or
negative you find out.

Kind regards
Martin