sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] update ATi fglrx driver, or help me do so..please!!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Martin Spitzbarth <m.spitzbarth AT gmx.de>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] update ATi fglrx driver, or help me do so..please!!
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 11:16:09 +0100

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 23:58:17 -0700 (MST), "Bearcat M. Sandor"
<sourcemage AT feline-soul.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I just bought a radeon hd 26000 card and much to my dismay our
> ati_driver-new spell is very old.
>
> I tried updating it. Really i did, but this is the most complicated
> spell i've seen yet and my bash-fu is weak.
>
> Could someone update this spell or at least give me some pointers?

Hello,

I've been using the ati drivers for quite some time, but their build
scripts always were too different from what sorcery expects, so that I
regularly dropped spell creation after some hours. I took another look
at them today, and I think I've found some clues about where to start
(namely the various .spec files should tell how to build it).

In other words: I'm working on it and see how far I get.

One question that I'd like to have discussed is the name of the updated
spell. My suggestion would be something like ati-fglrx, so that we
don't break something for people who still use ati_driver or
ati_driver-new.

Regards,
Martin