sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc 2.5/2.6.1

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: "sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc 2.5/2.6.1
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:55:09 +0200

>> Maybe we could create a linux-headers spell that would run the make
>> install_headers target from whichever linux one has installed atm...
> I mentioned this a couple of times to alley_cat since I thought he was
> working on this (kinda) you're welcome to use the headers I have [0].
> This is done using a script and auto-generates the tarballs.
>
> [0] http://dmlb2000.homelinux.org/pub/kernel-headers/
>
> You're most certainly welcome to use them they are made by simply
> running make headers install for all arches supported.

LFS also does "make headers_install" and cp them to /usr/include [1].
Our linux-headers spell could create /usr/include/linux from
/usr/src/linux (our linux spell or just linux sources).
It might be OK just "ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/linux/
/usr/include/linux". Just testing, looks OK.

[1]
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter06/linux-headers.html#contents-linux-headers

--
Ladislav Hagara