sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] P4 down again

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] P4 down again
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 19:38:58 +0200

Tony Smith wrote :

> In my experience, it's unwise to rant when you don't know the facts. The
> unreliability you attribute to Perforce is actually unreliability of our
> ADSL

> connection.
>
> The machine and the Perforce Server haven't been down for a long time;
> unfortunately our network connection is a good deal less reliable and when
> it

> fails I have to drive to the office to physically reset it.
>
> Some weekends I'm able to do that, and some weekends I'm not.
>
> I'd love to be in a position to offer you better hosting, but I don't have
> it

> to offer.
>
> By all means blame me, blame BT, blame anyone you want, but don't blame
> Perforce: it's been extremely reliable - just not always connected.
>
> Tony

Agreed...

I was wondering not sure how the others would take it and this is mostly
a PL decision but could we host the server ourselves???

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html

Key id = A7A9E461
Key fingerprint = 757E C16B F5B7 DC27 B003 CCED CF95 3A77 A7A9 E461