sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] udev: new stuff

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] udev: new stuff
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:06:22 +0300

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 13:42, Flavien Bridault wrote:
> On the contrary to what I told you in the email I just sent to you, I
> had a *small* problem, the permissions on my cdrom device were not set
> according to default rules.
> I noticed in my logs that udev didn't find the path to cdrom_id utility,
> so I corrected this in both default rules files.

Good, thanks. :) I didn't notice there indeed was no cdrom device.

> However we make use of %e in the cdrom rules to add a number at the end
> of the symlink name. But %e is deprecated, so there should be something
> new to use. I don't know what yet. :-/

Isn't %n what's used for numbering usually? Or is %e something different?
Right now %e doesn't seem to be doing anything, as I only
have /dev/cdrom, /dev/dvd, etc...

By the way, I think symlinks dvd and dvdrw should also have MODE and GROUP
set
like cdrom and cdrw have.

Juuso