sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Weekly Stable Grimoire Update Report

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Weekly Stable Grimoire Update Report
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 21:21:56 +0200

Changes to stable between 20050424 and 20050501

IMHO, stable grimoire should be updated by Tony's script.
It have not been updated for more than months.

check /etc/hosts ;-)
-rw-r--r-- 1 smgl smgl 3137240 2005-05-01 10:57 stable.tar.bz2

:-)
Thanks for the advice.
The problem is the stable grimoire is being updated only by security
fixes and patches for the last several weeks.
There is a lot of new versions of spells and patches (not security
related) in test grimoire which are tested for more than month without
problem and they should go to stable grimoire.

I thought we decided updating the stable grimoire was one of the qa team's
duties and we were going to stop using tony's script, since its really
not very good at making a stable grimoire.

I think there was a long discussion on a few months back [0]

[0] https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-discuss/2005-February/009868.html

Yes, the Quality Assurance Team is a the best for it but until it really starts to regularly update stable grimoire we could use Tony's script.
It is sad if we claim we are up to date distro and in stable grimoire we provide stale version of spells.
For example strace, test version 4.5.11 updated on 2005-03-24, stable version still 4.5.9.
Almost 6 weeks of testing.

BTW:
According to http://83.240.17.229/~babca/users/statistic.php?select=strace strace 4.5.11 is installed on 17 boxes.
New users are welcome to register at Source Mage Stats http://83.240.17.229/~babca/ so we can provide more precise stats.
It could be one of triggers to integrate spells to stable.
For example if spell is installed on 20 boxes and it spent some defined time in test grimoire spell could be integrated to stable.

--
Ladislav Hagara
Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer