sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery doesn't seem to catch errors anymore

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery doesn't seem to catch errors anymore
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:15:28 -0700

> I'm using recent development sorcery and GCC 3.4.0. When I'm casting
> stuff that breaks (GCC spits errors), sorcery treats this as if nothing
> happened, proceeds to installing the spell, and outputs successful
> message asking me if I want an install log. I have a feeling that this
> is because of recent BUILD split activity, although it may also be a GCC
> 3.4 "thing." I didn't make any changes to spells to use the new BUILD
> split idea. Advice is appreciated. Thanks!

What version of sorcery is this (when did you last update)?

Sorcery checks the exit status of each of the scripts it runs, then passes
the error upwards. If you could give me an idea where in the pipeline
it failed I could try to track it down. I thought I had fixed all those
problems.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Sorcery Team Lead, Porting Team Lead | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |