sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: Marketing SMGL: Bringing in the crowds

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Mathieu L" <lejatorn AT linuxmail.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: Marketing SMGL: Bringing in the crowds
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:40:54 +0000

Sorry if I'm way out of here but I don't really understand why a marketing
plan is needed?
I had the impression that new users come regularly and then some of them
slowly but surely eventually become devs...
Isn't that true? and if it's true, isn't that the researched goal?
I understand that there may be some hosting problems as it's also discussed
at the moment but besides that I didn't see any problems with the way
SourceMage is growing and developping...
Actually I'm even impressed how fast it is improving but perhaps it's
because I was using Debian before ;).
Could you enlight me about that please?

\Lejatorn.
We are Microsoft. Linux is irrelevant.
Openness is futile. Prepare to be assimilated.