sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Request on the ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: Wolfgang Scheicher <worf AT sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Request on the ISO
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:03:32 -0800

Quoting Wolfgang Scheicher <worf AT sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>:
> Am Donnerstag, 1. April 2004 18:32 schrieb Eric Sandall:
>
> > I believe several universities are going towards this approach, especially
> > for wireless connections (though ours needs the Cisco VPN client, which I
> > don't want us to bother with at this time anyways).
>
> My condolences...
> We use VPN here too, but since that damn Cisco client only causes problems
> we
>
> have pptp as alternative. Altough the Cisco client is the only officially
> supported and recommended thing here in our network, ~1/3 are using pptp
>
> Worf

Our local LUG (of which I'm the VP ;)) is working on (well, actually just two
of
our members) a GUI (much like the Windows one) for the Cisco client (it also
works on OS X ;)). I'd post the URL, but it can't take much load at this point
(it's in "testing").

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61