sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] SMGL Mirrors

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Adam Clark <adamsgl AT dhbit.ca>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] SMGL Mirrors
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:18:14 -0800

Howdy All,

Hope everyone's doing well, I realise I haven't been doing much but
posting the occasional bug for the past several months, but I hope to
change that soon.

I have an offer and a question:

First, I've been running a mirror of codex.sourcemage.org and
download.sourcemage.org for many months now. They haven't really been
used much, but they've existed and been updating. I figure they might
as well be put to good use since they're sitting not only on a ton of
bandwidth, but on a network where we'd like to be able to claim as many
'features' as possible when talking to others about peering
arrangements. Believe me, it's all good. =)

So, the mirrors are at:

http://mirror.isurf.ca/codex.sourcemage.org/
http://mirror.isurf.ca/download.sourcemage.org/

There's also a test/stable/games source mirror in:

http://mirror.isurf.ca/source_mirror/

I do have a question about this though - I haven't fully figured out how
to take advantage of the source mirror... Is there an environment
variable that could be added to /etc/sorcery/local/config that would
cause summon to try a listed source mirror first for *everything*?

Anyhow, I hope the mirrors will be considered for use in sorcery -
they're certainly open for public use.

-Adam