sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] cvs annotate in p4?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Tony Smith <tony AT smee.org>
  • To: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>, sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>, sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] cvs annotate in p4?
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:44:59 +0100

OK, all done. From "p4 help annotate":

annotate -- Print file lines along with their revisions

p4 annotate [ -aq ] file[revRange] ...

Prints all lines of the named files, indicating what revision
introduced each line into the file.

If the file argument has a revision, then only revisions up to that
revision are displayed. If the file argument has a revision range,
then only revisions within that range are displayed. See 'p4 help
revisions' for help specifying revisions.

The -a flag includes both deleted files and lines no longer present
at the head revision; in this case, both the starting and ending
revision for each line is indicated.

The -q flag suppresses the one-line header for each file.

Also, in "p4 help undoc" (where we document our undocumented features :-)
you'll see:

p4 annotate -c
The -c flag tells annotate to output change numbers rather than
revision numbers with each line.

Sometimes a change number is more convenient than a revision number.

Tony