sm-announce - [SM-Announce] testing ISO move

sm-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [SM-Announce] testing ISO move
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:40:12 +0100

Sorry I'm late with this...
The testing ISOs have been renamed and moved to a unified
location yesterday.
They are now to be found at
http://download.sourcemage.org/iso/testing

The naming scheme is

<version> is the ISO version that we're driving at.
<arch> is the architecture
<kernel> the kernel version
non-nptl or nptl describes if the ISO is that
the regular testX ISOs have been made using the old trusty scripts
currently maintained by benoit.
the ng-testX scripts are created by the "next generation" scripts
by karsten, which are deemed more unstable.

Note that both scripts increase the test number independently,
so ng-test2 may be newer (but more unstable) than test3.
Hope that got everyone confused ;-)

So Far,
Karsten
p.s.: should we really be posting testing ISO stuff on sm-announce?