sm-announce - [SM-Announce] Sorcery release 1.9 details

sm-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Announce <sm-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Announce] Sorcery release 1.9 details
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:21:06 +0100

Howdy all,

Thought it might be nicer than just a changelog to detail the fixes to
the latest release of sorcery in user terms. Where possible I have
listed the developer names so you can thank them personally on irc or in
the lists:

* various spells have now been provided with proper group and user id's
(reserved id's).
* some speedups in the 'gaze search' function, also caches for faster
repeat searches (Neuron).
* new sourceforge mirror: http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net (sorrow).
* general optimization speedups (alley_cat).
* quite a bit of new documentation for bashdoc generation (sorrow).
* cleanups and better handling of the user and group addition funtions
for spells (erics).
* failing z-rejected casts no longer stop the entire cast (dufflebunk).
* spell writers can now optionally pass a home directory and default
shell when creating new accounts for spells (Neuron).
* sorcery menu freezing fixed (dufflebunk).
* sorcery sound themes selection is now menu driven in sorcery (erics).
* sorcery menu option for setting a nice level (process cpu usage) for
sorcery processes (alley_cat).
* a few fixes to the C(XX)FLAGS.
* ldconfig is run after resurrecting a spell to ensure proper library
setup.
* Adam Clark's mirror added to the fallback list and LEAPFORWARD_URL
added to allow user to define (by hand currently) the default fallback
url.
* spell writers can set the conflicting spell question to 'y' by default
to ensure auto spell removal (for example when a spell is needs to be
removed due to no longer existing), the default remains 'n'.
* gaze html now provides xhtml/css validated output (Asha`man / rycee).
* gaze orphans no longer lists exiled spells (Asha`man).
* gaze checkmd5s added, allows user to verify spell md5's (swoolley).
* all sorcery scripts (tools) allow user to view help w/o root password.

I hope this helps and that I did not forget anyone's hard work.

--
/**
* Eric D. Schabell M.Sc.

  • [SM-Announce] Sorcery release 1.9 details, Eric Schabell, 03/16/2004