sm-announce - [SM-Announce] [Fwd:] Friday, 22 Aug - New init system in Test Grimoire!

sm-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: SM-Announce <sm-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Announce] [Fwd:] Friday, 22 Aug - New init system in Test Grimoire!
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:22:16 +0200

Howdy all!

After testing for the last month or so, our new init system (based on
Simple Init:
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/rgooch/linux/boot-scripts/). For more
information you can see the HowTo on our wiki page.

This new system has been entirely rewritten by your favorite guru and
mine:

Robert Helgesson (aka rycee)

Many thanks to the users that helped with debugging.
For the users of the Test Grimoire the following will be happening this
Friday:

- the NEW INIT SYSTEM will be pulled into the TEST GRIMOIRE.
- you must use the DEVEL SORCERY branch (stable will not work).
- I repeat, the stable sorcery WILL NOT WORK with the TEST GRIMOIRE!!!

For users of the Stable Grimoire, you must use the stable sorcery.

This will be posted on the mailinglists and as a news item on our
site.

Enjoy your new init system!

--
/*
* Eric D. Schabell M.Sc.

  • [SM-Announce] [Fwd:] Friday, 22 Aug - New init system in Test Grimoire!, Eric Schabell, 08/19/2003