seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] Seeds of Change, supplier of open pollinated seeds is no more; gone.

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: Carol Moss <mossgathers@gmail.com>
  • To: Seed Keepers <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] Seeds of Change, supplier of open pollinated seeds is no more; gone.
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 05:54:11 -0500

Lawrence,
 I am not sure where you got this information. The Seeds Of Change website is up and running with seeds for sale?

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 1:37 AM, Lawrence F. London, Jr. <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Mars (manufacturer of junk food candy bars) bought Seeds
of Change some years ago. A natural food store manager told me they
offered no seeds to them last year for resale. Last week the goons in
the employ of Mars (possibly from there as well) appeared at Seeds of
Change, told _everyone_ (read: _all_ employees) that they were fired on
the spot and to get their things together and leave the property
immediately. They confiscated their laptops and cellphones, were not
allowed to download their personal data, were watched while emptying
their desks (might take a company ball point pen) then escorted off the
property. The organization is being dismantled and the property will be
sold. No more Seeds of Change, supplier of open pollinated seeds. A very similar scenario unfolded a few years ago at Seed Savers Exchange after an internal coup carried out partly by Monsanto surrogates resulted in the loss of nearly a life's work by Kent Whealy.