seedkeepers - [Seed Keepers] Irish Seed Savers

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: kevin dudley <forthillbootstompers@hotmail.co.uk>
  • To: <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Seed Keepers] Irish Seed Savers
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 15:15:41 +0000

Hi Lawrence! Yes I do know Ute she is one of the directors of Irish Seed Savers!
Yes at Santa Cruz I worked in Chadwicks garden (which is called the 'UP GARDEN') amazing what 40 years of intent and cultivation can do!
I would be of the same mind as Chadwick in many ways except maybe the continuous double digging every year,I think that this could interrupt the fungal hypae and make the soil too bacterial but saying that it was an amazing experience and it is a truly beautiful place!
 Ah Collards I love them as do my friends from the south,they didnt go down too well in California a bit like Kale here in Ireland which is looked down upon as an animal food!
Im in County Clare Near Seed Savers which is in East Clare near the town of Scarriff but hope to be moving to County Kilkenny which is further east!
All the best Kevin D