seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] saving melon seeds

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: Sarah <sarah52blue@yahoo.com>
  • To: seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] saving melon seeds
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 13:11:55 -0700 (PDT)

Kat:

Yes, wash them well, carefully removing any bits of pulp so that they won't mold in storage.  Dry very well before storing.

Best regards,

Sarah

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 17:45:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: K Lewis <lewisk@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [Seed Keepers] Question
To: seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

I've been lurking on this list for a while hoping to pick up some pointers on saving seeds, but there hasn't been a lot of activity.

As a novice seed saver I would like to know the best way to save melon seeds for next year.  Should I wash them or just scoop them out and let them dry?  Any hints will be appreciated.

Kat